Congratulations to Mrs. Kris Clements for being selected as the LSTA John Dempsey Outstanding Secondary Science Teacher of the Year.
October PTSA Drawing Winners
Faculty members of the month – Reserved Parking Spot –Janet Wheat, Debbie Fish
McDonalds Gift Card- Sean Cassingham
Free Box Combo from Canes- Sam Aycock
Free Lemonade from Canes- Cameron Harper
Rhino Coffee Gift Card- Iza Zabaneh
Rhino Coffee Gift Card- Emma Joffrion
$5 for the Fall Picnic- Morgan McGuire
The high school junior/senior swimmers did well at their second meet of the season. Overall, the team placed 3rd. Standouts were the following:
Robert Brown qualified for state in the 100 Backstroke
Shayan Yerrapragrada qualified for state in the 50 Free
Halie Morgan qualified for state in the 200 IM
Ian Gonzales qualified for state in the 500 Free
Thomas Siskron qualified for state in the 50 Free
- Key Club’s JAMbalaya Muzic Festival is coming up soon. On October 10th -13th, auditions will be held after school. A sign-up sheet will be available on the Key Club board across from the JROTC building. You must sign up for a time in order to audition. If you do not sign up, you will not be allowed to audition. Be prepared to play an excerpt from each song you wish to play. And remember, to those of you who aren’t the performing type, JAMbalaya is on October 29. Everyone is invited to purchase a ticket; come listen to some wonderful music while eating some great food!
- The PSAT and PSAT 9 pre-test coding sessions will be held during Activity Period this Wednesday, October 12.
10th and 11th grade students will report to the PAC and 9th graders will report to the cafeteria at the beginning of the homeroom period at 9:11 am.
Students participating in the pre-test coding sessions will be late to 2nd period on Wednesday, October 12, so please do not mark them absent.
- The PSAT tests will take place on October 19 beginning at 8:20 am and will last until about 12:00 pm. Expect lunch shifts to be delayed, and afternoon periods to be shortened.
- Caddo Magnet Family: CMHS is in the process of renovating the 8 tennis courts. These courts have not been touched for 30 years. These courts shall be the state of the art for our school, community, and city. To learn how to make contributions for this renovations, please contact Laura Addington, Athletic Director.
- College Night will be held on Tuesday, October 11th, beginning at 6:00 pm in the auditorium. Due to space limitations, only Caddo Magnet High School juniors and seniors and their parents are invited to attend. A list of institutions and organizations that will be in attendance has been posted on the school’s website.
- Sophomores will be attending the College and Career Fair on Wednesday, October 12th at Centenary College. Please release all sophomores at 11:30 am for lunch.
- Homecoming tickets will be on sale during both lunch shifts October 10-21st by the JROTC room. October 10-14th the tickets are discounted to $15! October 17-20th, the price will increase to $20. October 21st, Ms. Takach will sell tickets at the picnic for $25. To get a ticket, students must have a signed behavior contract, a valid student ID, and cannot be in debt to the school.
- Get ready for the colder weather. Order your Caddo Magnet High School Outerwear. The next order will be placed in October for delivery in November. To place an order go to net and click Cross Country Fundraiser Form for Website>
- If you would like to see New York City and attend four Broadway shows over the spring break; see Ms. Reeves in the Drama Room for information, or go to httpp://www.caddomagnetplayers.com to download information.
- Make sure you have paid your school fees in order to participate in sports.
- Men’s Soccer tryouts will be held October 24-26th and teams will be announced on October 28th.
- Girls’ Lacrosse Clinic will be held October 10th and 12th. Time: 4-5:30 pm. Where: Field next to tennis courts. The clinic is open to all girls whether you’ve played before or not. Please submit a sports package to Ms. Addington prior to the clinic. Equipment is not necessary, but if you have it please bring it. Come ready to play! A parent meeting will be held October 17th at 5:30 pm in the cafeteria.