The Maecenas Society

The Maecenas Society

The Maecenas Society : the CMHS Foundation, is a 501C(3) organization named for a Roman patron of literature and the arts. The Foundation was formed in 1995 by a group of parents who wanted to provide significant financial support to Caddo Magnet High School in its continuing quest for excellence in education. The Foundation exists for the sole purpose of funding the much needed “big ticket” item that are not provided by the Caddo Parish School Board and that may be beyond the reach of other fund-raising efforts.

Starting in the 2014-15 school year, the Foundation is focusing on a comprehensive technology plan for the entire school, with the goal of initially outfitting all the core classes so all students will be impacted immediately. The goal is for all classrooms to have the best available educational technology for our students and teachers to utilize, that basic equipment being a Smart board, or SmartTV, ELMO document camera and laptop computer(s). 80% of all funds collected will be dedicated to outfitting our classrooms with the described equipment, and we will continue until all classrooms are equipped. The remaining 20% of funds will be used for teacher request for other classroom needs.

Membership in the Foundation is open to anyone-parents, grandparents, alumnae and friends. Contributions are tax deductible. To join, simply fill out this MAECENAS SOCIETY-Donor form

Giving Levels are as follows:
Mustang $150-299
Honors $300-499
Cum Laude $500-999
Magna Cum Laude $1,000-4,499
Summa Cum Laude $4,500 +

Corporate Sponsorships are also available. Please contact us for more information to receive an sponsorship packet.

*Classroom sponsorship: commemorated with a plaque outside of the classroom sponsored.


Some Enhancements to Classrooms previously funded by the Maecenas Society
• Advanced DNA Electrophoresis Lab Station (AP Biology): only school in our area to have this technology
• C-3 Computer Lab-Major Upgrades
• Art Department Computers, Graphics and Digital Cameras
• Ceramics: 3 Kilns
• PAC Audio/Lighting system upgrades (including new Amplifier/Ellipsoidal and Framing Projector)
• Lecture Hall Lighting upgrades and projector
• Orchestra Department upgrades
• Spectrophotometer and Thermocycler (AP Biology)
• Digital Photography-Equipment/ Upgrades
• Computers and printer for Robotics
• Labquest 2 systems (Honors and AP Chemistry)
• Wireless lavaliere microphones and handheld microphones for use in Drama productions
• SmartTV upgrades to approximately 20 classrooms


Maecenas Board Members 2018-19
Kevin Hammond, President
Heidi Kallenberg, Secretary
Neelima Desai, Treasurer
Reshma Paraliker, Treasurer

Heather Basinger
Robin Jones

Santhi Letchuman
Tammie Lowe
Don Wiener
Freda Zabaneh

The Members of the Maecenas Board, along with the faculty, administration and students of Caddo Magnet High School would like to thank the following contributing Maecenas’ Members for their  support.  Thanks to the generous donations of our members  over $17,000 has been invested in Magnet classrooms to so far this school year!

Maecenas Members 2017-18

Summa Cum Laude $4,500+ “Classroom Sponsors”
Kurt and Julie Lyles

Magna Cum Laude $1,000-4,499.
Dr. and Mrs. Tummala
Martha Peacock Ross
Walker Interest LLC, Donna and Tal Walker*
Denis and Vessela Kamberov
Himanshu and Neelima Desai
Donald and Kathleen Weiner
Dr. and Mrs. Zabaneh
Amit and Reshma Paralikar
Sridhar Tirumala and Gulati Neerja
Berry Plumbing*
Kobe Restaurant – Mr. and Mrs. Sohn*
Evan and Alicia Rogers
The Pittsburgh Foundation
Mr. and Mrs. Edward J. Crawford

Cum Laude $500-999.
Gregory L. and Heidi Kallenburg
Rama and Santhi Lethchuman
Peter and Sylvia Lau
Brian and Heather Basinger
Seema S. Warar
Hummingbird, King and Butler*
Highland Clinic Oral Surgery, Kathleen and James Sikes*
Guyen Dinh and Trina T. Chu
Sam and Leslie Kalmbach
Michael and Kristin Fiser
Lane R. Rosen and Maurie Patterson
Gene Huggs
Eric and Aimee MacFarland
Kevin and Amanda Hammond
Kennedy and Diana Lim
Margaret and Stephen Crittell
Martha and Ferrell Malone
Steven and Karen Soileau
Joe M. Badt

Honors $300-499.
Dan and Robin Jones
Michelle and Harry Mobley
Mark and Brenda Brown
Tejinder and Jennifer Singh

Mustang $100-299.
Ross B. and Lisa May Nelson
The Community Foundation
Ramin Zamani and Parisa Cahpkhaneh
Warren and Carol N. Grafton
Andrew and Rona Yurochko
Jennifer Moorehead
Michael and Wendy Haddock
James and Brenda Graves
Ryan and Kathy Palmer
Todd Muslow, CPA LLC.*
Mark and Judy Humphries
Billy J. and Sheila K. Tolliver

Other contributors:

James and Lois Patterson

*A special thanks to our business/corporate partners for your support

Thank you for your support!!