We hope you all had a restful and enjoyable holiday. We were looking forward to welcoming you to campus for a stunning performance, presentations, tour, informational sessions, and application submission. Due to the rising number of COVID cases in our area, we will not be having our Winter Preview on January 23rd as originally designed. At Magnet we will always make decisions based on community, student, and staff wellbeing. As a result, we have adjusted our plan to expand small group tour dates and offer a modified Winter Preview January 23rd.
We understand the importance of a winter event for parents and students making the important decision regarding which high school will be their home. We will be here for you January 23rd from 2:00-4:00 to provide you with the answers you need. Rather than a large production in the auditorium that could be risky because of crowd size, small tours will be available during these times to afford prospective families the opportunity to ask questions and learn as they see our unique and beautiful campus. If you are prepared to submit your application, we will be accepting those in the auditorium. We will have some staff on campus that day to help answer questions.
If you would like to schedule a tour for the 23rd (for planning purposes of group sizes), please use this link to schedule a tour. You can also use this link to register for our expanded options in the coming weeks.
Based on the number of families who have currently committed to Magnet, we expect to have a waiting list next year, so please get your application in early.
- Print and fill out the attached application.
- Pay close attention to the second page that lists all the required documentation.
- Email the application, along with all required documents, to firstname.lastname@example.org . You may also mail the packet to the school or drop it off in the front office.
- In the subject line put ‘Application: (your student’s name).’
- February 11th – Deadline for applications to be received.
- February 18th – Acceptance letters will be mailed..
- March 2nd – Signed acceptance letters are due.
- Information regarding placement testing and registering for classes will be shared in the acceptance letters. Please remember that once your student is accepted, any testing that follows is merely to place them into the correct level of courses and does not impact their acceptance to Magnet.
We are excited about this incoming freshman class and hope to have you join our family! Please do not hesitate to reach out if you have questions!