- Do you like egg rolls? Fried rice? Did someone say Orange chicken? Come out to Panda Express on Youree this Monday, Dec. 9th for a Spirit Night! All purchases go to support our Magnet Vocal Department. Make sure to tell them you are there for Magnet!
- Volleyball will be hosting a spirit night at Chipotle on Tuesday Dec 10 from 5-9 pm. Stop by Chipotle on Youree Drive between that time, let them know you are there for the Magnet Volleyball Fundraiser, and help support our volleyball team!
- Mu Alpha Theta: the 3rd ASMA Exam will be given on Thursday, December 12, at 4 p.m. in room A-14. See Mrs. Moyers in T-4 for earlier times (no date changes can be made).
- The library will be closing at 4:15 on Thursdays through Feb. 13.
Don’t forget to order your 2020 Yearbook at the lower fall semester price! Bring your check or cash for $55 to Mrs. Youngblood in E106 OR go online to yearbookordercenter.com. And seniors, senior ads are also on sale now! See Mrs. Youngblood for more information or go to yearbookordercenter.com!
- Are you interested in learning how to play guitar? Starting in January, Magnet will be offering a guitar class with Mr. Powers during 7th period. This class is for beginners and intermediate skill levels. If you are interested in learning more about this new guitar class, please stop by the counseling office to speak to your counselor.
- Students, entrance into the campus must be done at the door in front of the office if you arrive after 8:20 a.m. If you arrive before 7:00 a.m., you must use the door by the cafeteria. Do not prop doors open unless instructed to do so by a faculty member.
Attention readers!We have many new fiction and non-fiction books on display in the library, including more of this year and next year’s Louisiana Teen Reader’s Choice titles. Come check out your next great read!
- The Women’s Republican Club of Shreveport is offering a $1,000.00 Scholarship to a registered Republican woman age seventeen or older, enrolled as a senior in high school with plans to attend college in the fall. All interested applicants must complete the Scholarship packet that is available in Mr. Bottoms’ office.
- The security door and lock installation is complete. If you do not have an ID badge that was made this year, please come to the office during lunch shifts. With the new security plan will come some inconveniences. One of these inconveniences will be the inability to use the A wing doors located in the front of the school and the newly installed E-wing doors during class change. These doors may not be used during the school day during class changes. All students are to remain in the secured area. This will create even more traffic congestion in the A-wing and B-wing breezeway area. As with all things new, as we navigate through this process on a daily basis, we will make adjustments as needed. As with all things new, as we navigate through this process on a daily basis, we will make adjustments as needed.
- Interested in raising your ACT score? The 36ers Club provides after-school tutoring in C-6 from 4-4:45. Just bring a good attitude and a willingness to learn!
- Students- Please keep up with your ID card. We are no longer able to replace cards for free. There will be a $5 replacement charge. Replacements are only made on Wednesdays.
- Students – Please do not enter A or C Wings during lunch shifts. If you need to get water or use the restroom, please go to the D Wing.
- Students must leave their vehicle as soon as they arrive on campus in the mornings and come into the building area.
- Career Center Students – You are to report to the Career Center daily unless you are told to stay at the school.
Attention Student Athletes:If you have not turned in a sports packet for Spring Sports, these are due no later than Dec 6th.
Athletes, please remember to check the athletic bulletin board for eligibility. The lists are updated weekly.