- Students parked in the student lot should exit their vehicle beginning at 8:00 and move into the school campus. Students should not hang out in their cars after 8:00.
Interested in joining a club this year at Magnet? All you need to do is fill out the form to mark your interest and club sponsors will email you to inform you how to get involved. Be sure to provide an email that you check regularly. The link can be found on your grade level Instagram page, the Magnet website, or from your teacher. You may mark interest in more than one club. Be sure to read the club description document that is also on that form. Some clubs are limited to certain grades and has specific requirements.
- Any student interested in Mock Trial, join us for a Zoom meeting on Thursday, September 17th at 5:00. If you were on the team last year, we will send the meeting link through remind, otherwise, check the Mock Trial Instagram,or come to Mr. McGuirk’s room in E205 for more information.
- Please help us welcome Mrs. Robinson to the Magnet Counseling Department. Mrs. Robinson is our new Freshman and Sophomore Counselor and comes to us from CMM. Mrs. Robinson is eager to work with our students and is excited for a fresh challenge. Welcome Mrs. Robinson!
- Attention freshman, sophomores, and juniors: Registration for the PSAT is now open. Please register online by scanning the QR code found around campus or in your classrooms. The fee for freshman is $13, and the fee for sophomores and juniors is $17. Registration will close on October 2, 2020 and seating is limited, so please register as soon as possible. Test day will be on October 29th.
- Parking Permits are being sold now. Automobile Registration forms can be picked up in the front office. Parking Permits will be sold for $10 each. Fee covers a campus parking space for this school year. Payments will be accepted online at Payforit.net. See Dr. Ellis with your receipt, driver’s license, proof of insurance and the completed Automobile Registration Form. Please make sure it is signed by a parent or guardian. You may also pay Dr. Ellis in the front office. Strict enforcement of the parking policy will begin Monday, September 14.
- Locker – If you need to rent a locker for this school year, please tell your homeroom teacher. You may rent a locker for $1.00 per student.
- ID Badges – All new students to Magnet, email photo to firstname.lastname@example.org. Returning students if you need a reprint of your ID, send an email to email@example.com with your name, ID #, and use the subject line “REPRINT.”
- Lunch Menu -turkey breast & cheese croissant sandwich, baked french fries, salad, apple, freeze cup, white or chocolate milk.
- Dress Code – Please follow the dress code policy. No holes in jeans above the knees, no crop-tops, no shorts more than 4 inches above the knee.
- PTSA Membership Drive-Thru Campaign – Friday, September 25, 2020 from 5:30-7:00 pm
- Lacrosse Spirit Night – Tuesday, September 22 at Franks Pizza Napoletana from 5-9 pm.
- Seniors can now register for the 2020 Independence Bowl Scholarship ($2,000). Deadline to apply is September 25th.
The $30,000 Voice of Democracy Essay contest is now open through October 31st. See your history teacher or counselor for more information.The $5,000 Americanism Essay contest is now open through December 1st. See the senior counselor website for more information
- 2020 Prudential Spirit of Community Awards – Applications for the 2021 awards are now open! By November 10, 2020, students must: Complete the application at spirit.prudential.com, complete the student/parent agreement, and go to the “certification” tab on the application, then email or print and deliver instructions.
- Louisiana Paying for College Webinar Monday, October 5, 2020 6:00 PM CST
- Join Christie Smith, Director of Business Development, with Sallie Mae along with Career Compass of LA for this informative session. We will cover the basics of college financial aid such as federal financial aid, state awards, scholarships and other options to consider in how to pay for college. We will also include tips on completing the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) which opens October 1, 2020. Register today at:
- The Robinson Film Center’s Teen Film Council offers students in grades 10-12 an in-depth study of cinema. The FREE program is taught by film industry professionals and covers film history, production, programming, and students will produce their own short film. The program will begin September 28, 2020 and conclude in April 2021. The group will meet Mondays that school is in session from 4:30-6:30 p.m. in person.Fill out your application online by Sept 16 here>> robinsonfilmcenter.org/educationFor more info contact Rich and Rachael Hansil at (318) 459-4112 or firstname.lastname@example.org
College Visits- All virtual – Please see Senior Counselor website for code
- LSUS – Thursday, September 24, 2020 from 11:25 am to 11:55 am
- Loyola University – Friday, September 25, 2020 from 9:25 am to 9:50 am
- Houston Baptist – Tuesday, September 29, 2020 from 11:25 am to 11:55 am
- UNO – Thursday, October 1, 2020 from 11:25 am to 11:00 am
- Yale University – Wednesday, October 7, 2020 from 8:00 am to 8:30 am
- Spring Hill College – Friday, October 9, 2020 from 9:25 am to 9:50 am
- LSUS – Thursday, October 15, 2020 from 11:25 am to 11:55 am
- UNC Charlotte – Friday, October 23, 2020 from 9:25 am to 9:55 am
- LSUS – Thursday, November 19, 2020 from 11:25 am to 11:55 am
- LSUS – Thursday, December 17, 2020 from 11:25 am to 11:55 am
- If you are interested in being on the wrestling team, please stop by Mrs. Julie Anderson’s room, G8, for more information.