- Literary Rally Students-Please return bus forms as soon as possible.
- For all who are interested, the robotics club will be holding an internal competition based upon the coding and usage of the VEX robot base and color sensor. Example code will be provided and will have to be modified for the challenge. The challenge is designed to be accessible to anyone regardless of experience level. Practice will be held on Thursday, Jan 26, and Tuesday Jan 31 after school in E202. We are looking forward to seeing you there.
- Students have until the end of March to complete the library Reading Competitions: Louisiana Teen Readers’ Choice and Book Bingo. Please see your Librarians for more information.
- February is Black History Month. Celebrate by participating in the February Reading Challenge. Read 28 African American titles in 28 days. The student who reads the most titles will win a $50 gift card. The competition is sponsored by BSA and your CMH Library.
- It is a great time to be a Magnet Mustang. We are diverse and we celebrate our diversity – together. This February Celebrate Black History Month with BSA.
- February 3- -Wear your Historically Black University Gear and purchase your Soul Food Plate.
- February 10- “For the Culture” Friday, Wear t-shirts featuring black artists and musicians
- February 16- Wear your past or present BSA T-shirt
- February 24- “Roots” Friday, Wear African Attire. There will be a prize for the best ensemble.
- February 28- “Black Out” Friday, Wear black or shirts featuring black historical figures
- Soul Food Plates are on sale for $10. The distribution date is Friday, February 3. See Mrs. Graham or a B.S.A. Member to purchase a ticket.
- Judging for B.S.A.’s first Annual Black History Door Decorating Contest will be February 1, 2023.
- BSA Presents, “Mapinduzi: Genealogy of a Revolution” on Thursday, Feb 23, 2023 at 6:00 p.m. in the PAC.
- The 2024 Civil Rights field trip will take place in Washington D.C. We will visit the Civil Rights Museum, White House, MLK Memorial, and many other amazing places. The informative meeting will be May 2, 2023@ 5:30 pm in the library.
- Are you a student looking to become a leader in service? This is a call to all freshmen and non-key club members to sign up to serve your community! Look around campus for our Key Club members for a “key” to service! Applications are due by Wednesday, February 1st. See Mrs. Farmer for more details.
- “Cowen Studios will be on campus Tuesday, Jan 24 for retake photos. 9th-11th graders report at 8:30 and Seniors, check Canvas to sign up for a time. Pictures will take place in the PAC lobby.
- Ms. Brown is going to London next summer, and you’re all invited! There is a parent interest meeting on January 24th at 6:30pm in the lecture hall. See Ms. Brown for more information!
- Join us for an unforgettable showcase of amazing and talented student performers at Coffeehouse 2023! Our student musicians, singers, and poets will entertain and delight audiences for just two nights only. Food and drinks will be available to purchase. Don’t miss out! The shows are: Friday, February 10th @ 6pm – 8pm & Saturday, February 11th @ 5pm – 7pm in the CMHS cafeteria. The Presale ticket price is $5 and will go on sale on Local Level Events. The ticket price “At the door” is $10. Limited seats available…we will sell out, so get your tickets early! Any questions about purchasing tickets? Please contact Mrs. Goebel at firstname.lastname@example.org .
This Day in History:
Tuesday: On this day in history, January 24, 1848, the California Gold rush began. Over 300,000 people traveled to California after James W. Marshall had found gold at Sutter’s Mill in Coloma, California.
Wednesday: On this day in history, January 25, 1882, Virginia Woolf was born. Woolf was an author that wrote essays on artistic theory, literary history, women’s writing, and the politics of power.
Thursday: On this day in history, January 26, 1905, the largest diamond was found in South Africa. The Cullinan Diamond weighed 3,106.8 carats and has an estimated value of $2 billion.
Friday: On this day in history, January 27, 1967, the United States, United Kingdom, and Soviet Union signed the Outer Space Treaty. This treaty banned the deployment of nuclear weapons in outer space and limited the use of the Moon for peaceful purposes.
Calendar of Events: January 2023
Tuesday, January 24, 2023:
· Picture Day – Make Ups
Wednesday, January 25, 2023:
+ Science Fair (Library Closed)
Thursday, January 26, 2023:
· Activity Period – 1st Rotation
+ Science Fair (Library Closed)
· Boys Soccer – Magnet vs Parkway 6:00 pm at Lee Hedges (Tailgate)
* Girls Soccer – Magnet vs Parkway 7:45 pm at Lee Hedges
- Caddo Magnet Fencing Fundraiser at Torchys Tacos 10-10 pm
Friday, January 27, 2023:
· Activity Period – 2nd Rotation
· Mary Jane Malone One – Read Program 2nd Period
Saturday, January 28, 2023:
· Wrestling – Regionals 8 am TBA
Monday, January 30, 2023:
· Girls Soccer – Magnet vs Loyola 6 pm at Lee Hedges
· Boys Soccer – Magnet vs Loyola 7:45 pm at Lee Hedges
Tuesday, January 31, 2023:
· Girls Playoffs – Announced
· Boys Playoffs – Announced
Be Responsible, Be Respectful, Seek Excellence
Have a great day and we will see you out and about!
Stay connected by downloading the Caddo Magnet app on your Apple or Android phone, and your Apple or Windows device. The app is free and available in the app store.