- Student Council applications for membership are due today. If you would like to be part of an amazing and active organization and you have not yet turned in your application, you need to do so today. Listen to the morning announcements for the date of our first meeting. We will meet before the end of this school year to discuss Great Expectations.
- The 2nd annual Coates Bluff Trail Run is next week, on Wednesday, April 25th at 4:30 pm at Montessori. If you would like to run it, come get a registration form from Mrs. Procell in E-206 or get one at the Greens Club bulletin board. A $5-10 donation plus a children’s book is requested to register. If you in need of service hours for your club, you can also sign up a trail monitor during the trail run. See Mrs. Procell for details. If you like engineering please sign up with a team of other building engineers for Green’s Club’s first annual EarthFest water bottle engineering challenge next week, on Friday, April 27th after school. See any Greens Club member or Mrs. Procell to sign up! We want a minimum of 4 teams, one freshman team, one sophomore team, one junior team, and one senior team!
- Sports Packets for the 2018-2019 school year are now available in the front office and outside C-12 (Mrs. Addington’s class) Free Physicals are available Saturday, May 5 at Willis Knighton Eye Institute 2612 Greenwood Rd. Our appointment time is 8:00 am. Packets for next year are due Friday, May 11, 2018 to Ms. Addington.
- Juniors: The process of running for Senior Class Officer for next year will begin soon. There will be an interest meeting and application required. Every potential candidate must also be clear of discipline and attendance concerns. Campaigning and voting will not occur until after May 3rd. More information about requirements to run and the process will be discussed at the interest meeting on Thursday April 26th, after school in E107. The meeting will last until 4:30. You must attend the interest meeting if you intend to run. If you have any questions, see Miss McCalister.
- Are you performing exceptionally well in the classroom? Would you like to help others do the same? If so, consider joining the Homework Gang. The Homework Gang is partnering with The Community Renewal Project to offer tutoring to elementary and middle school age children after school at the Friendship House. See Ms. Simmons for details.
- Air Force ROTC, Thursday, April 26 at 11:20 to 12:50 pm Cafeteria Foyer