- Sophomores: Registration for the PreAct is now open! The PreAct will be administrated at Magnet High School on March 12th. See Ms. Moore in the Counselor’s Complex to register – cost is $ 12. The deadline to register is December 20th.
- The concession table will be open for business during the extended break on the semester exam days.
- Please make sure all recycle bins in and out of classrooms are emptied before Thursday after the first test.
- If you lost or misplaced your sport coat at the homecoming dance please stop by Dr. Ellis’ office to claim your coat. These items will also be taken to the Salvation Army.
- Lost and Found items are placed on the C-Wing in front of Mrs. Morehead’s room. Please stop by and claim your lost belongings. All remaining items will be taken to the Salvation Army.
- It’s not too late to turn in Rally forms to Mrs. Thomas.
- Seniors: We will be offering an exciting opportunity for you in the coming months. You can register to take the WorkKeys test here at Magnet. This online test from the ACT company tests job-readiness skills that many employers are seeking. Your English teachers will share more information, but know that your WorkKeys score and/or ACT score will now earn you the opportunity to purchase a Gold or Platinum cord. See Mrs. Lanclos for details.
- We will test Saturday, February 2nd in C-8. There are three 55- minute tests that will begin at 9:00 that morning. You must pre-register and pay $24 to take the tests. The deadline for pre-registration and payment is January 23rd.
- Krewe of Harambee Scholarship Opportunity
- On Monday, January 21, 2019 during the Krewe of Harambeee’s annual Martin Luther King Hopes and Dreams Breakfast. There will be two $1000.00 college and technical school scholarships awarded to eligible African American high school seniors.
- Student must be able to submit proof verifying a single parent home.
- Student must have a GPA of 2.5 or better
- Submit essay entitled, “How I made it against all Odds”.
- Transcript containing 1st 9 weeks grades.
- The essay must be a minimum of 800 words typed in 12 point font, correctly formatted with proper spelling and grammar. All entries should be submitted with a cover letter that includes your name, high school, and a current telephone number. Entries should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com no later than 6:00 pm January 7, 2019. Winners will be notified January 11, 2019 by phone between 3 and 5 pm. Selected winners are required to read their essay during the Martin Luther King Day Hopes and Dreams Breakfast on January 21, 2019.